Captain Vitalyte here excited to report the top 10 foods proven to improve your mind and fuel your body. Which one is your favorite?
1. Blueberries—Regular blueberry consumption improves memory function in addition to being rich in antioxidants. Research has also found that blues can reverse age related issues relating to motor function, balance and coordination.
2. Salmon—Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon helps your brain develop tissue thereby increasing and intensifying your brain power. Further, salmon also plays a key role in fighting Alzheimer’s and other age-related cognitive disorders.
3. Flax seeds—Flax seeds are chalk full of ALA- a healthy fat that inspires the cerebral cortex in its function. This portion of the brain is in control of processing sensory information and is obviously imperative to functioning.
4. Coffee—Yay for caffeine! Regular coffee consumption has been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other mental disorders. Caffeine contains antioxidants and those puppies are good for you. The important thing to note is those added sugars, flavors etc are NOT part of the goodness so consume accordingly.
5. Mixed nuts—Peanuts, walnuts, pecans, and other nuts contain properties that help with everything from fighting insomnia to promoting mental clarity and strong memory. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 and almonds contain natural mood-enhancing neurotransmitters. Note though that they are high in calories so pay attention to portion size!
6. Avocados—Don’t let the avocado’s fat content fool you. It’s a healthy fat that promotes blood flow, keeping your mind functioning at its peak. Avocados have also been shown to lower blood pressure.
7. Eggs—Egg yolks are rich in choline, an essential nutrient to improving memory function and they’re super versatile. Make a hard boiled egg to add to your salad or a breakfast scramble atop a piece of whole grain toast and you’ll be thinking clearly and awake in no time!
8. Whole grains—From oatmeal to whole grain bread, whole grains are excellent brain foods as they improve circulation and contain essential fibers, vitamins, and even some Omega-3. Also try Ezekiel bread- a sprouted grain that’s all the health rage these days.
9. Chocolate—Dark chocolate not only tastes great , but is also antioxidant-rich, improves focus and concentration. Milk chocolate, on the other hand, improves memory and reaction time. So eat up!
10. Broccoli—Broccoli has been shown to improve memory function as well as slow the aging process. This means a broccoli-rich diet will keep you young and sharp.