Chia seed gel is easily one of the most amazing superfoods on the market. If you’ve spent any time on this site, maybe you already know some of the little known facts about chia seed gel. For example, you may know that the Maya and Aztec civilizations cultivated chia seeds more than 5,000 years ago, and even relied upon them as a staple crop. You may also know that chia seeds are packed with health benefits, including improved energy, carbohydrate absorption and hunger management.
But there are still quite a few things about chia seeds that you may not know. Here are just a few interesting facts about chia:
1) Aztec warriors and runners are said to have sustained themselves for an entire day using only a tablespoon of chia.
2) Chia seeds contain more Omega-3 fatty acids than any other plant food known to man, including flax seeds.
3) Chia is hydrophilic, capable of absorbing more than 12 times its weight in liquid. When you ingest chia, it can go a long way in helping you to maintain your body hydration, and this is especially beneficial for athletic pursuits like long races and endurance sports.
4) You can make chia gel simply soaking chia seeds in water. Chia seeds are highly absorbent, so the process takes little time and almost no effort.
5) Evidence suggests that chia may help to lower blood pressure. This is good news for people who struggle with chronic high blood pressure and hypertension. Chia also offers benefits for diabetics, because it slows the conversion of carbohydrates into sugars.
6) Some of the nation’s leading doctors are raving about chia. According to Dr. Mehmet Oz, “They just may be one of the healthiest things around,” and Dr. Andrew Weil called them “a healthful and interesting addition to my diet. My prediction? You will begin to see chia being added to more and more commercial products, such as prepared baby foods, nutrition bars, and baked goods.”
These are just some of the amazing, little known facts about chia seed gel and chia seeds. If you want to experience the wonders of chia for yourself, check out Chia Surge. This is the first authentic chia gel to hit the market, and it’s still the best. Try it for yourself and see what it can do for you.